My Memorable Hotel Stay Experiences, year 2017, 2018 and 2019!

Every now and then I used to travel (in Pre-covid times)!

I was just thinking about most recent travel stays(in last couple of years) - My Memorable Hotel Experiences. 

I realized; It is pretty interesting that all 3 are in 3 different continents.

 

The Leela Kovalam, Trivandrum, India (Asia)

It was indeed our annual trip and the occasion was - My son's 2nd Birthday. 

When I think about the stay what was great - very warm welcome with tilak and a sea shells necklace for all of us, Coconut water - a healthy welcome drink. 

Grand beautiful and well designed lobby was a great place for the kid to run around, while we were being checked in, after a long flight and car ride.

Great sea view form the hotel and fantastic room with a beach view was part of the grandeur that comes with a Lila Property usually on coast. Huge property, Sprawling Lawns, amazing private beach section. Very Indian, really great food spread, there was a Kathakali performance by famous performers during one of the evenings.

Personal attention from servers for each table - very warm, welcoming and observant of the child needs!  Holiday was good and we had great fun walking, shopping around , celebrating!



Hotel Meierhof, Liechtenstein (Europe)

Located in the alps and surrounded by the snow-covered mountains. 

This was an amazing stay and the best part was personal attention of the ladies who were working during their shifts. They ensured I get vegetarian food (pizza or pasta) with my coffee/cocktail Irish drinks even during late hours when I come back from work or travel in from a different country. 

The attention to detail and effort to ensure I love the food and the drink. The personal touch of conversation so genuine, not the regular sham, I loved it. They made me feel like home.

When I was exhausted, they would share some jokes and experiences from past to make me feel better and then a coffee or a drink to lighten it up. 

This hotel was so well connected for daily and local travel (Mind you ! Europe is best travelled on Foot and train)! 

I landed up extending my trip there for a few more days.

 

Hyatt House Sorrento Mesa, San Diego, CA (North America)

Alright, they say keep the best for the last, that's what Hyatt house Sorrento Mesa is for me. 

Great Team  and awesome experience, attention to personal choices of food/drinks. 

Added advantage was the free shuttle unto 5 miles, which helped me go for shopping to amazing malls and shopping centers, Torrey pines.

This trips to San Diego were business trips. 

Best part - They knew that I had busy schedule, their breakfast chef paid attention to me being on calls and rushing through breakfast, so I started getting my customized breakfast ready faster and served to me if sometime I forgot after ordering. 

I loved and would go back for great personal connect of the Hyatt team, breakfast (the lentil soup and the customized omelettes) and attention to my choices and preferences.

I have stayed here for months together during the entire year of 2019 and till Feb 2020. 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change or no ?

Travel before the Pandemic and Now!

a check and a recheck